All of us at the moment are living with uncertainty. There has never been a time like this, certainly not for our generation, and for most of us it is a highly challenging time - emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually.
I am going to share with you some basic practices that I use to keep myself grounded and to clear my energetic pathways.
I will also share with you a ritual I use for protection.
Currently I am far away from my family and friends and feel rather helpless and scared for their health and safety. By doing this ritual it provides me with some sense of relief and empowerment and hopefully is creating an energetic protective web around those whom I love.
I hope it will do the same for you too. xx
To start with, let us try to clear our energetic pathways and become a bit more grounded. With so much information everywhere, with the changes to our normal daily lives, and with the amount of fear that is being held within the Earth consciousness right now, we can easily find ourselves ungrounded.
Signs of being ungrounded include restlessness, anxiety, insomnia, fear and disconnection.
Much of these feelings and emotions, unless we are doing a regular practice of some sort, will eventually end up trapped in our energy systems as we try to make sense of them or we try to ignore them and just get on with it. We don't realise until we have had a healing, or done some yoga or practice, just how heavy these energies can make us feel and the impact they have on our well-being.
This easy practice you can use and it can be done in as little as 5-10 minutes or you can really go for it and spend a couple of hours with it. Even 5 minutes a day will be helpful so don't feel daunted....
- To begin, simply place a chair in a space in your house where you feel relaxed and the space feels clear and not heavy.
- Within this space we are going to use our intention and ask that only energies within this space which are kind, helpful and healthful may be absorbed into our energy field, and that for any other energies may they be kindly sucked down deep into the Earth where they may be absorbed, neutralised and transformed back into a positive force.
- Sit on the chair with your feet flat on the floor and take a few conscious breaths.
- Become aware of your body, where are you holding tension? Where feels tight? Are there places that feel numb or you can't feel into?
_ Work through your body. Starting from the top of your head gradually expanding your awareness down, so feeling the crown of your head, then feeling the front of your face, back of the head, front of the neck, back of the neck, down to your shoulders....etc...etc...
- As you are doing this you will feel the places that are ' holding ' some denser energies.......stay with that place, and give it a few breaths.
- I like to visualise myself breathing in pure love and light, which I use my intention to guide into the place of tension, and I use my outward breath to expel all that tension or dense energy that has gathered.
- Again I use my intention at this point so that the energies I have expelled may be completely sucked down deep into the Earth and absorbed, neutralised and transformed back into a positive force. ( By doing this we are protecting our home space from keeping these energies trapped in - you can use sage or other methods to keep yourself and your space clear but this way is available for all of us without the need for any extra tools! )
- Work your way down to your feet, keeping on finding those places of tension and breathing into each a few breaths.
- Once you are at your feet you should feel somewhat refreshed and lighter and more grounded. To enhance your grounding practice, stay with the awareness at your feet and just see if you can let go that little bit more. So taking in some more deep breaths, and consciously allowing your body to drop down and feel heavier with each out breath.
- To finish take another three deep breaths. Keep your awareness with your feet touching the Earth and with each out breath imagine roots coming out from your feet and going deep into the Earth like roots of a tree. Let yourself go. The Earth has always and will always nourish and strengthen you. Be aware of this and give your thanks. xxx
We are now at a point of having done some work to clear our system and to connect us to the Earth and feeling grounded.
Depending on how long you have sat for, you may wish to get up and have a little stretch. We have created some space in our bodies now and let yourself intuitively have a little stretch and movement to further awaken these places.
Now for the Protection Ritual.
For this ritual we are using our intention and visualisation abilities.
We will be calling in protection energies from the universe, and for those of you who believe, you may also ask for help from your guardian angels, spirit guides, ancestors etc.
- Come back to sitting. At this point you may choose to sit on the floor, or wherever you feel comfy.
- This practice again involves the use of our visualisation and intention. This may be difficult for some of you at first but as you continue your practice it will become more easy and fluent to you...so keep going! xx
- We shall start with ourselves. Again, sit with your body and energy system in awareness and ask the universe to place you in a protective circle of light. In my mind this is a blue/white light circle of protection that I visualise like a barrier around my body.
It is like I am in a great big hula hoop made from the strongest protective force that is impenetrable.
- I say to this barrier I am visualising to please only allow in energies that are for my absolute highest good, highest health and highest healing, and may all other energies be sucked down into and absorbed by the Earth to be neutralised and transformed back into a positive force.
- It takes me a few minutes....I like to imagine it really strong and gleaming around me and I give my thanks to any help I may be receiving from higher forces.
- Next, well I usually go to do my parents....so I hold my mum firmly in my mind's eye, and do the same for her....calling in and asking for help from the universe and my guides and protectors, visualising a bright white/blue protective circle of light around my mum, and asking that only helpful, healthful and healing energies may be allowed into her energy field and that all other energies bounce away from her and are sucked down into the Earth.
- This practice can take as little as five minutes, or as long as half an hour, depending on how many people I wish to include on the day and how long I spend visualising and implementing their barrier!
- If you are doing this practice everyday then you will eventually only need to do it for five minutes every time as you would have built up a strong energy field that only requires a daily boost!
I don't know about yourselves, but I am quite erratic in my devotion to my practices! Sometimes I will do it religiously, everyday, for months on end......and sometimes I haven't done a single thing for months on end!
I am always joking to my sister and friends how odd it is that to do something for someone else is always easy for me, I love to help and will go out of my way to help another, yet when it comes to myself, I will find a million reasons not to find that 5-10 minutes a day which would truly be beneficial to me!!
I'm starting to accept myself. ( years and years of being angry and disappointed and frustrated at myself later.....and I'm still not there yet! )
I realise that everything goes in phases, I'm starting to try to trust more that everything is exactly as it is supposed to be and I'm trying to be more kind and supportive to myself as opposed to judgemental....which in turn leads us to being more kind, understanding and compassionate to others too - a double bonus!!
Do what you can, when you can!
In my next blog we will be exploring which crystals and gemstones to use to accompany and enhance these practices shared above.....so stay tuned!
Elixir....such a beautiful and enticing word that summons up thoughts of ancient wisdom and forgotten magic!
Literally it means a magical or medicinal potion, and what we are going to write about here is how to make a gemstone elixir.
Why make an elixir?
By creating an elixir for yourself or a loved one using your own crystals and gems, you can harness the energy of the stones into water, which when consumed has a more profound healing effect on the body's energy systems.
The water can be consumed throughout the day on a daily and will keep infusing your system with the healing power of the stones you have chosen to work with.
There are two ways to make an elixir.
Some stones are non-toxic and for those we use the ' direct method. '
Other stones are toxic and require a ' non-direct method. '
Both ways are easy and effective.
The very first place to start......
Having chosen whatever issue or ailment you would like to work upon, you must then research which stones are going to be the most helpful.
You can do this by reading about them online, or from a crystal book, and the more intuitive souls out there may use their own intuition to guide them.
* Once you have selected your stones you must cleanse and program them ready for use. *
* How to do this is explained in my previous blog here on our website. *
What you will need...
A tall glass or ceramic water jug.
A glass that fits inside ( this is for use with toxic stones )
Clean, filtered or spring water.
After the stones have been cleansed and programmed you may fill the jug with water and place the stones inside.
Let it sit, covered, on a windowsill where it may see some light for at least 24 hours.
After 24 hours you may transfer the water into another receptacle and do over for as many batches as you like!
This is the ' direct method ' to use for non-toxic stones.
For toxic stones, or raw delicate stones, we use the ' non-direct method. '
This involves placing the stones into a glass within the jug so they are NOT touching the water directly. It works just as well and is a perfect method for use when you have any doubts as to if your stone is safe or not.
Generally all Quartz type stones, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Citrine, Clear Quartz, are all safe and non toxic.
Stones such as Malachite, Chrysocolla, Pyrite, Cuprite and raw minerals can be toxic and are best used with the non-direct method.
If you are uncertain, best to go with the non-direct method just to be sure.
Elixirs are a brilliant way to enhance your own well-being. They are also a lovely gift to make for a loved one.
Remember some stones work well for skin conditions etc so an elixir can also be applied topically as well as internally!
Please remember to give your thanks and respect to the stones you work with and whom you hope to receive healing from.
In love & Light and sending many blessings to all of you reading. xxx
Ok. You've just bought a beautiful new crystal or jewellery item with gems, and you bought it because it sounds like what you needed....but how to get the best from your crystal?
It is incredible to think of the journey your stone has been on to make its way into your hands! Add to that the hundreds of thousands of years that they have been forming within the Earth and it's literally mind boggling! This is why it's a good idea to give your stone or jewellery piece a nice cleansing, freeing it from all previous vibrations so its lovely and fresh for you! There are different methods, I will share three with you here.
This method is only for loose crystals and tumble stones, not for jewellery.
Use a ceramic or glass vessel and fill with salted pure water - a tablespoon should be fine.
Place your crystals into the water and leave for 24 hours.
Take out, rinse with fresh water.
Pure, filtered or spring water is best.
Not suitable for Moldavite or Selenite or delicate raw minerals.
If you have any Sage, Frankincense, Palo De Santo or Sandalwood incense, you can use the smoke from burning and guide it over and around your stone or piece of jewellery asking for it to cleanse and purify your stone of all previous vibrations and to be filled with pure love & light. Keep guiding the smoke towards your stone until you feel to stop.
Intention & Visualisation
Sit on a chair with your feet flat on the floor with your crystal in your hand.
Imagine yourself being surrounded by light and then gaze at your crystal using your intention to guide the light into the stone. Keep visualising the light going into the stone and cleaning and clearing, asking that any previous vibrations be grounded back to the Earth. Do for as long as you feel.
So your stones are cleansed. We are half way there! Now it is time to program them.
When a stone is programmed, it targets the energy more specifically, so if you would like to work with your stone for a specific issue, then this is a great idea for you and it's super easy!!
Simply hold your stone or jewellery in both hands in a prayer position at heart level and simply feel the stone and let it know you. Having read up on your stone and knowing specifically what it is you want it to work on, use your intention and focus your thoughts into the stone. It can be a few things you wish for, simply keep focusing them into the stone. When you feel to stop you may give your thanks to your stone and share some love!
Your stone is now programmed! Anyone can touch and play with it - it will now only resonate for you and stay working for you!
Now don't forget to cleanse it again after a few weeks or a month or so. If you feel the stone has been working a lot for you and is possibly absorbing lots then I recommend once a week cleansing.
If your stone or jewellery item doesn't want to go out with you or be worn that day - do listen - usually I can feel when a stone necklace who may match my jumper but just doesn't look nice to me today even though I usually love it - then its energies are not helpful for you at present - and it may even go walkabout on you!! ( Honestly I've lost many a beautiful stone in my time by ignoring what I felt! )
Thanks for reading - I do hope you have enjoyed and that it is helpful for you.
Next blog going to be........ Elixirs.......... xxxxxx
x holly & tony x
With twenty years of experience working with stones, we are happy to share some of our knowledge and tales with you here in our blog!