All of us at the moment are living with uncertainty. There has never been a time like this, certainly not for our generation, and for most of us it is a highly challenging time - emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually.
I am going to share with you some basic practices that I use to keep myself grounded and to clear my energetic pathways.
I will also share with you a ritual I use for protection.
Currently I am far away from my family and friends and feel rather helpless and scared for their health and safety. By doing this ritual it provides me with some sense of relief and empowerment and hopefully is creating an energetic protective web around those whom I love.
I hope it will do the same for you too. xx
To start with, let us try to clear our energetic pathways and become a bit more grounded. With so much information everywhere, with the changes to our normal daily lives, and with the amount of fear that is being held within the Earth consciousness right now, we can easily find ourselves ungrounded.
Signs of being ungrounded include restlessness, anxiety, insomnia, fear and disconnection.
Much of these feelings and emotions, unless we are doing a regular practice of some sort, will eventually end up trapped in our energy systems as we try to make sense of them or we try to ignore them and just get on with it. We don't realise until we have had a healing, or done some yoga or practice, just how heavy these energies can make us feel and the impact they have on our well-being.
This easy practice you can use and it can be done in as little as 5-10 minutes or you can really go for it and spend a couple of hours with it. Even 5 minutes a day will be helpful so don't feel daunted....
- To begin, simply place a chair in a space in your house where you feel relaxed and the space feels clear and not heavy.
- Within this space we are going to use our intention and ask that only energies within this space which are kind, helpful and healthful may be absorbed into our energy field, and that for any other energies may they be kindly sucked down deep into the Earth where they may be absorbed, neutralised and transformed back into a positive force.
- Sit on the chair with your feet flat on the floor and take a few conscious breaths.
- Become aware of your body, where are you holding tension? Where feels tight? Are there places that feel numb or you can't feel into?
_ Work through your body. Starting from the top of your head gradually expanding your awareness down, so feeling the crown of your head, then feeling the front of your face, back of the head, front of the neck, back of the neck, down to your shoulders....etc...etc...
- As you are doing this you will feel the places that are ' holding ' some denser energies.......stay with that place, and give it a few breaths.
- I like to visualise myself breathing in pure love and light, which I use my intention to guide into the place of tension, and I use my outward breath to expel all that tension or dense energy that has gathered.
- Again I use my intention at this point so that the energies I have expelled may be completely sucked down deep into the Earth and absorbed, neutralised and transformed back into a positive force. ( By doing this we are protecting our home space from keeping these energies trapped in - you can use sage or other methods to keep yourself and your space clear but this way is available for all of us without the need for any extra tools! )
- Work your way down to your feet, keeping on finding those places of tension and breathing into each a few breaths.
- Once you are at your feet you should feel somewhat refreshed and lighter and more grounded. To enhance your grounding practice, stay with the awareness at your feet and just see if you can let go that little bit more. So taking in some more deep breaths, and consciously allowing your body to drop down and feel heavier with each out breath.
- To finish take another three deep breaths. Keep your awareness with your feet touching the Earth and with each out breath imagine roots coming out from your feet and going deep into the Earth like roots of a tree. Let yourself go. The Earth has always and will always nourish and strengthen you. Be aware of this and give your thanks. xxx
We are now at a point of having done some work to clear our system and to connect us to the Earth and feeling grounded.
Depending on how long you have sat for, you may wish to get up and have a little stretch. We have created some space in our bodies now and let yourself intuitively have a little stretch and movement to further awaken these places.
Now for the Protection Ritual.
For this ritual we are using our intention and visualisation abilities.
We will be calling in protection energies from the universe, and for those of you who believe, you may also ask for help from your guardian angels, spirit guides, ancestors etc.
- Come back to sitting. At this point you may choose to sit on the floor, or wherever you feel comfy.
- This practice again involves the use of our visualisation and intention. This may be difficult for some of you at first but as you continue your practice it will become more easy and fluent to you...so keep going! xx
- We shall start with ourselves. Again, sit with your body and energy system in awareness and ask the universe to place you in a protective circle of light. In my mind this is a blue/white light circle of protection that I visualise like a barrier around my body.
It is like I am in a great big hula hoop made from the strongest protective force that is impenetrable.
- I say to this barrier I am visualising to please only allow in energies that are for my absolute highest good, highest health and highest healing, and may all other energies be sucked down into and absorbed by the Earth to be neutralised and transformed back into a positive force.
- It takes me a few minutes....I like to imagine it really strong and gleaming around me and I give my thanks to any help I may be receiving from higher forces.
- Next, well I usually go to do my parents....so I hold my mum firmly in my mind's eye, and do the same for her....calling in and asking for help from the universe and my guides and protectors, visualising a bright white/blue protective circle of light around my mum, and asking that only helpful, healthful and healing energies may be allowed into her energy field and that all other energies bounce away from her and are sucked down into the Earth.
- This practice can take as little as five minutes, or as long as half an hour, depending on how many people I wish to include on the day and how long I spend visualising and implementing their barrier!
- If you are doing this practice everyday then you will eventually only need to do it for five minutes every time as you would have built up a strong energy field that only requires a daily boost!
I don't know about yourselves, but I am quite erratic in my devotion to my practices! Sometimes I will do it religiously, everyday, for months on end......and sometimes I haven't done a single thing for months on end!
I am always joking to my sister and friends how odd it is that to do something for someone else is always easy for me, I love to help and will go out of my way to help another, yet when it comes to myself, I will find a million reasons not to find that 5-10 minutes a day which would truly be beneficial to me!!
I'm starting to accept myself. ( years and years of being angry and disappointed and frustrated at myself later.....and I'm still not there yet! )
I realise that everything goes in phases, I'm starting to try to trust more that everything is exactly as it is supposed to be and I'm trying to be more kind and supportive to myself as opposed to judgemental....which in turn leads us to being more kind, understanding and compassionate to others too - a double bonus!!
Do what you can, when you can!
In my next blog we will be exploring which crystals and gemstones to use to accompany and enhance these practices shared above.....so stay tuned!